When you have no eggs in the house but plenty of overripe bananas, you make: BANANA BREAD.
This recipe is more of a cross between banana bread and banana cake because it is SO fluffy and delicious.
Preheat the oven to 180C and put it on ‘bake’
- 1 & 1/2 cup oat flour (grind oats in a food processor into a powder)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 & 1.2 cups roughly mashed ripe bananas (use a fork so the banana doesn’t get too mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup dark choc
1. Mix the mashed banana, coconut oil, water, vanilla essence, lemon juice and coconut sugar together in a bowl until combined. Don’t mix until the mixture is smooth as the small lumps of banana give the banana bread extra texture and moistness.
2. In another bowl mix the oat flour, the baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Fold the two mixtures together gently, but don’t overmix. This will make your banana bread light and fluffy.
4. Roughly chop the dark chocolate and fold this into the mixture
5. Line a baking loaf tin (around 20cm by 10cm) with baking paper and scrape the mixture into the tin.
6. Put the loaf tin in the middle of the oven and bake for 45- 50 minutes. Check the loaf with a fork and if it comes out clean it is ready.