First Post! Woo!
I guess I’ll start by introducing myself a bit better and the reasons why I have created Tastefully Tash. My name is Tasha Meys, and I am 21 years old. I have just finished my degree forever so have finally taken the leap of faith to start this blog and launch myself into the real world. My degree is a Bachelor of Science majoring in Consumer Food Science and minoring in Marketing. I studied this at the University of Otago in NZ. This degree was awesome and helped me develop real skills to go with my passion for health food, recipe creation and wellness.
This blog will be a platform of my evolving career (hopefully) in the health food and wellness industry, and where I will post all my new healthy (and simple) recipe creations. I started an Instagram for Tastefully Tash in about July this year and have been stoked with the following, support and inspiration I have already gained from it. I have been receiving lots of requests lately to explain my recipes and questions regarding whether I have a blog – so now I do!
The first recipe I will post is the one behind these delightful little pancakes – featured in the photo above. These pancakes are my go to recipe when I get up in the mornings and am wanting something a bit exciting – ideal for a Saturday morning.
The featured Paleo Pancake recipe is:
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (you can sub wholemeal flour, or oat or buckwheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan Salt
- Coconut Oil for greasing the Pan
- Blend everything together, (mixture should be runny consistency), and pour into hot, coconut oil greased pan. Flip pancakes when there are bubbles forming on top of pancake and it feels like it has solidified.
- Layer on top of each other with bananas, yogurt and berries in between. You can add pure maple syrup or honey as desired.